Sunday, November 8, 2009

Beautiful Orchid (Paphiopedilum insigne)

So now for my fourth post of the day...  Many of the greenhouse orchids have started to bloom.  I've noticed a bud on this one for several days.  It was a really short time from the first appearance of the bud until the first bloom.  I think this is because there is only one flower as opposed to the dozens that other varieties can have (Cymbidium seem to take a really long time).  This is actually the species that is shown on the UWO Greenhouses website.  It's one of the few yellow/green varieties that I have seen and has a bit on white at the top with dark speckling on the interior.  I hope you enjoy it and there will be more orchid pictures to come!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for contributing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails