Thursday, July 16, 2009

Topical Flowers

There are many flowering plants in the greenhouse that bloom throughout the year. I figured I'd include some of them in this post. There are many more and I'll update every few weeks with the newest blooms.

This first image is of a large Spathiphyllum.



The next two pictures are of Flamingo Flower (Anthurium). They have been flowering for several months now.



I had originally thought that this plant was a subspecies or at least related to the Cast Iron plant. However when it started to flower I realized it was something different. The plant is called Eucharis. There aren't very many flowers but they have a very simple and elegant beauty to them.



About three days ago our first Bird of Paradise (Strelitzia) opened it's first flower of the summer. We have three large plants all grouped together, but I haven't seen any other buds yet.



I'll end this post with a very interested plant that I didn't know about until I noticed it flowering about two weeks ago. The name of the plant is Tibouchina urvilleana. When allowed to grow naturally it will develop into a large bush covered with these beautiful purple flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for contributing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails