I've purchased a few more plants that I was either desperately in love with or were on sale for various reasons and super cheap. I'm also looking for more! If anyone in the Vancouver area has some extra houseplants or would like to donate some leaves for cuttings or plantlets it would be much appreciated!
The reason for this resurgence of plant purchases... the free section of craigslist. I received 3 - 4ft light fixtures with two bulbs each. The bulbs themselves are brand new and have a reasonably good spectrum (not ideal but I can replace a few).
I've just tossed the plants if for now but you can see most of them in this photo. You may notice I am extremely fond of plants with reddish or striped leaves. So clockwise from the bottom left:
(1) Alocasia x amazonica (I've seen this mislabeled as Alocasia 'Purple Prince' and 'Metallica' so please let me know if my ID is incorrect)
(2) Calathea roseopicta 'Medallion'
(3) Anthurium amnicola (with deep almost black flowers but NOT Anthurium watermeliense)
(4) Schefflera (old news)
(5) Ficus elastica 'Burgundy' (also old news)
(6) Spathiphyllum wallisii ($1.99 because it was slightly wilted, barely visible)
(7) Cattleya NOID ($7 marked down from $25)
Front Tray, left to right:
(1) Aphelandra squarrosa
(2) Ficus pumila (which I purchased and immediate took 5 cuttings of)
(3) Fernicus unknownicus (seriously, I have no idea, some fern)
The red container has three papaya sprouts. There are also my Tracycarpus and Chamaerops palm sprouts as well as my unsprouted Jubaea hidden in the back. Now...
Can anyone ID this fern? I have no idea what it is. It reminds me of a Microsorium pteropus 'windelov' but the edges of the one I have are not smooth but slightly saw-like. It's the one I split into three in the picture above. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.