Thursday, September 9, 2010

Meet Mochi!



A few days ago Mochi arrived! We adopted her from the Vancouver Orphan Kitten Rescue Association (VOKRA). She's from a very strange litter and looks nothing like here sisters. It seems this litter had multiple fathers which is not uncommon with street cats. The adoption fee covers spaying, first shots, check-up, two de-wormings, flea-treatment (if necessary), and a small tattoo or microchip for identification.


She was a little sad for the first two days. Her foster home had about 8 cats and she felt a little lonely. We'll be here to fill in the void though! I should launch a sister blog and call it Cat Zone. I get the feeling there will be many pictures over the next few days. Probably years. Let's be honest.

9 comments:

  1. Aww. Adorable cat! Looks very friendly. And those blue eyes are really striking too.

    I'll have to do a post soon with my new kitten.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah! thanks for the pics! she'e such a beauty (the eyes!!) Mochi is a lovely name for a cat. I think she even looks like a mochi, soft and sweet :)
    congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's adorable! She looks like she might have some Siamese in her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is absolutely lovely...So adorable! Also, I think it is great that you took in a rescue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cat....all of ours are adopted or rescued....have fun with your new family member:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww! This post made my day, and Mochi is a wonderful name.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cutie! Looks like Mochi has some persian & siamese in there. We had a cat show up early in the summer. The vet says she has siamese in her although only her body frame looks siamese.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! Definitely won't be complaining about pictures of her!
    I hope Mochi'll be as well-behaved about your plants as our Gandalf is about mine (most of the time, anyway...) - some cats can't be left alone with houseplants for a minutes, but I think I trained ours quite well, by hissing in his face every time he so much as sniffed one.
    Of course, if he runs out of cat grass, all that is forgotten!

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is adorable and purrs and the drop of a hat. A little feisty in the night but we've tried tiring her out before going to bed and it seems to work. I'm certain there is siamese in her, just not sure what else.

    @Ivynettle, she is very interested in plants. I've been leaving them out when I'm at home and just picking her up and moving her away when she starts pawing/chewing. Then I put them somewhere she can't reach at night. No cat grass though, might have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for contributing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails