Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Moringa Update

Unfortunately I left my Moringa stenopetala and oleifera plants out a little too long and they look really bad (a touch of frost).  I did however bring a few into the greenhouses several weeks ago.  These just sat there for a while but in the last week growth has taken off.  They've almost doubled in size!  I'm thinking it's about time to transplant them.

I really hope they continue to grow well.  If the plants do well enough they may be able to use them in science labs.  This will ensure they always have a place in the greenhouse collection.  I believe this is one of the most important plants and would like to see it grown on a large scale world wide for use as an incredibly nutritious vegetable and complete protein.

I've also rediscovered that I don't adjust well to daylight savings time.  It's dark here at about six and it drives me crazy.  I get home after my classes to have dinner and then start my homework in pitch black.  We still have another two months until the shortest day of the year.  I think this is going to be a long winter...

2 comments:

  1. I actually like the time change except for the getting dark early part. I seem to be getting more sleep which is good. I love the new background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've given it a few more days and I'm still exhausted. It's good to hear that you've transitioned well!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for contributing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails