Sunday, August 16, 2009

Moringa & Adansonia digitata (Baobab, 26 Days) Update

I was delighted to go outside yesterday morning and see that two more of my Adansonia digitata (Baobab) seeds had sprouted! I had given up on them germinating but apparently I shouldn't have. The other seeds sprouted about two and a half weeks ago. The largest ones are already about 20cm tall. The picture below shows a side by side comparison of how rapid these plants grow.



The Moringa oleifera has started producing new leaves. These seem to be insect free. I think I dodged the bullet and expect them to make a full recovery. They've lost more than half of their old leaves but I expect rapid growth to resume within a few weeks. I haven't tried any leaves yet but I figure I'll wait until they recover.



The Moringa stenopetala are growing extremely quickly. They sprouted about two weeks ago whereas the oleifera sprouted about a month ago. Even so, some of the stenopetala are actually taller than the largest Moringa oleifera! I'm really glad the stenopetala have not had problems with insects.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for contributing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails