I Synsepalum dulcificum seeds finally arrived! It's taken several weeks and the seeds seem to be a little dried out. I'm hoping that they'll be all right but they should be kept as fresh as possible and not be allowed to dry out if it can be avoided. To rehydrate them I removed their outer coating (which was easy because the seeds shrunk when they dried) and put them in water to sit for 24 hours. The temperature is about 33C and part of each seeds is exposed to air. I will plant and care for them following the instructions in this post. I'm going to see if I can get some Gibberellic acid from work. Yeah!!
UPDATE: All but one of the seeds have swollen in the water. The one that hasn't swollen has taken on a grey colour. I thought it looked odd when it first arrived so I'm not surprised. I'm hoping the remainder of the seeds are viable but I'll have to wait and see. I added a pinch of coffee grounds to the water. It's an experiment to see if the acidity will aid in germination.