Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Newest Flowers

Here's an update with the newest greenhouse flowers.

The first image is of Justicia brandegeeana (Shrimp Plant). We also have one with yellow flowers but it stopped blooming about a month ago.



This next image is of the species Aeschynanthus. I'm not sure the specific name of the plant. I noticed another plant that looks similar with red flowers and foliage and was wondering if they were related. I included a picture in a previous post.



Here's a picture of yellow Passiflora. I'm sorry that it's a little blurry. It was the one flower that I only took one picture of and of course it is also the only blurry one. I looks like some of the other Passiflora may begin blooming soon as well.



This picture is a yellow Mandevilla. It grows throughout one of the corners of the tropical room. Before working here I had no idea that they came in colours other than pink.



Finally, here is a picture of the classic pink Mandevilla. There are about six plants in hanging baskets throughout the greenhouses and they are always in bloom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for contributing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails