Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Mystery Plants...

There are several plants that I've taken pictures of that were missing tags. If anyone can help me identify them I would really appreciate it!

I'm not sure if this first one is a variety of Aeschynanthus. It has these red tube-like flowers on a vining plant. New growth is green but fads to a deep purple with time.



This next plant is an ephiphyte. The flowers resemble an orchid but it has segmented stems.



The next plant is currently the size of a small shrub but looks as though it may eventual grow into a small to medium sized tree. It has many long slender branches as well as variegated foliage. There are also small flowers which begin as green and turn yellow as they age.



This final plant is located outside. I know I've seen it before but I can't for the life of me remember its name.

2 comments:

  1. The first picture is an Aeschynanthus. Not positive about which one, but my guess would be that it's a variety of A. radicans.

    No idea on the epiphyte, but it is very cool.

    The green-and-white shrub/tree might be a Breynia disticha, but I'm not very confident about that. I have something that looks similar, though, with green leaves that are dark red when they first emerge, and I know there are variegated versions of it because mine was supposed to be be a variegated one.

    I think the last one is a Monarda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again for the help. I really appreciate it! I did a quick image search on Breynia disticha and it does look similar. It has to, at a minimum, be a close relative but none of the photos seem close enough.

    Yeah that last one is Monarda. I remembered after the post, but never updated.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for contributing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails